Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ahem... The Goonies House

Astoria has contributed much to pop culture, not the least of which is
the house from Goonies... which was set in and shot here in Astoria.
Lovely house.

Right before I took this picture, a guy pulled up next to us and
simply asked, "Did you find it?" Surprised by his non-tourist-hating
attitude, I said, "Yeah, that's it up there, right?" Apparently, a lot
of people that come looking for the house can't find it (another win
for my in-brain GPS, as Cara would say). The helpful guy then
proceeded to list off all the other movie buildings nearby (the
Kindergarden Cop school was around the block). With a smile he drove
off...

I have to say, I'm impressed that the Astoria Visitors Bureau didn't
get a Ripley's Believe it or Not "attraction" built next to the house
and "develop" the entire neighborhood! It's just a house. It all goes
to add to the charm of this historic community.

1 comment:

Chicken Legs said...

You guys are a stone's throw from my friend Benji. You should stop by his house, crack open a few beers and talk about all the things you like about your friend Dave.