Wednesday, May 21, 2008

today is the day for leaving
























those boxes.
oh my.
8
eight
eight big boxes.
and they are all on their way to orcas island.
we will meet back up with them next week.
you should have seen me at the post office yesterday - 
trying to remember what was in each of these boxes
so that i could insure them for their proper value.
shaking, pushing, pressing.
shoving my hand into it through the tightly taped flaps.
god bless jesse, my friendly neighborhood postal worker
who did not kill me.
jesse has a cool wedding band and is celebrating 19 years of marriage this month.
jesse's black sharpie pen needs to be replaced but guess what:
either
a) jesse was messing with me
or
b) your black sharpie has to be dead for two years before they will replace it for you.
weird.

okay, we are packing up the last few odds & ends this morning 
and then we are off!

if you pray . . . 
please pray for good, loving, meaningful (and fun!) conversations and safe travels!

love you all!
cara

2 comments:

Melanie said...

you should have done fedex. i am very anti-usps. but i'm sure it will be fine.

be sure to send me some pages if you need editing or fresh eyes!!

Deanna said...

oh I am jealous!
that looks amazing!
have a wonderful adventure!!!
I'll be thinking of you til you return.

xoxo
deanna